Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bad beat city

Nobody likes a bad beat, right?

Surely, there are exceptions.

While this blog will talk about all sports, including poker, I couldn't help but kick off by relaying an email conversation I had with a friend who copped a run of bad poker beats while sitting at a cash table recently.

"Last week I got wrecked," he says.

"Lost several hundred in a live cash game!!! Pocket jacks, raise pre-flop, caller with K-Q, hit trips on flop but he hits 10 on turn for straight."

It gets worse: "Later, A3 SUITED, flop nut flush with J, 2, 4 on board. One called with pocket 2s, so he had trips, big blind called with J-4 so had 2 pair. Raise, resaise call call. Turn 4, so my flush is busted by two full houses."

Can't help feel for the guy: "Then I raise on another hand AK, get called by A10 and 6,8 (don’t ask). Guy hits 10. Sometimes you cannot win no matter what."

Chris "Jesus" Ferguson was on television the other night talking about mathematical probability. He said it was inevitable to eventually receive a run of bad cards.

So if you've got a bad beat story, feel free to let me know. I'll listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment