Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The bankroll begins

Well, follow me, share the ups and downs, laugh at me, whatever you like. But I'm putting my money where my mouth is by working a $100 bankroll.

And the first bet is in. I'm working with a few theories:

* If I think it's a good thing, I'll bet 20% of my bankroll.

* If I think it's a reasonable bet, yet over even money odds, I'll bet 10% of the bankroll.

* If it's a speculator, I'll throw on 5% of the bankroll.

Most punters will tell you it's all about percentages. Bookies work on percentages, and we'll work on the theory that we need to outsmart about 20% of the money being held in the bookies' coffers.

So, because I think it's a good thing, I've got $20 on Stan Walker to outlast Sabrina Batshon in Australian Idol.

But sports fans who think this is a soft bet, don't despair. There'll be dabbles in all footy codes, cricket, tennis, baseball, basketball, horses, two flies up a wall, whatever. If I think it can win, we'll have a stab.

Events to look forward to: The ICC champions trophy which starts tonight; The footy finals over the next two weekends; The Masters tennis; Premier League soccer; The Spring racing carnival; the list is long and exciting for all sports fans.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment