Monday, April 19, 2010

Apology from a tipster

Most tipping sites brag about their wins. Rarely do they mention their losses. It's bad for business.

Given that I rely on my own tips and any inside information I can get from the industry, I feel I am in a position to bite the bullet, take the plunge, run the gauntlet, buck the trend, and all those other cliches I've heard while listening to ABC Grandstand at the weekend.

Take this as an apology, a confession if you like. For, as I packed up the family for a weekend away, I rushed through a few tips - genuine tips; tips I backed myself before putting my foot on the accelerator and spending time with the wife and children.

There were 12 of them altogether. Two were successful. Yes, as embarrassing as it is to admit it, I've let everybody down - and seemingly I hexed all whose name was uttered in tipsterville.

Daniel Kerr did a hamstring when he was well ahead of trio opponents in the fantasy challenge; Reimers twisted an ankle in similar circumstances; Matthew Boyd missed a stack of the game with an injury.

To them, I apologise. To you, I apologise. To myself, well, it's back on the horse, so to speak.

A quick poll shows we're still ahead over three weeks of fantasy tips, so we'll shelve this one as a lost cause and keep cracking the whip.

Until then, good luck and happy punting.

No comments:

Post a Comment