Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Congratulations Miss Gibraltar

I thought I'd share one of the more unusual press releases I've received from bookmakers recently. Victor Chandler moved to Gibraltar, so why not rally his own!

And if anybody took the 250-1, can you let me know?

Victor Chandler offered his congratulations to newly crowned Miss World, Kaiane Aldorino.

The Gibraltar based bookmaker, who changed the online gaming industry forever when he moved from London to Gibraltar 10 years ago, said that the winner had been subject to a large number of bets from local residents.

Victor Chandler, Chairman, commented “The rules only recently changed to allow Gibraltar residents to bet with me, but a lot of local residents are glad they did!

Kaiane was initially a 250/1 outsider, and was still rated 14/1 sixth favourite on Friday, and whilst no residents were on at 250/1 many backed Kaiane at 14/1, and I am genuinely pleased to pay them all.

I am thrilled both for Kaiane and for the whole of Gibraltar.”

No comments:

Post a Comment